q: can i wear makeup to my lash appointment? a: it’s required that your eye area be clean and completely free of makeup. please attempt to not wear (near the eye area) moisturizer, foundation, under eye concealer, mascara, etc.
Can I wear concealer with eyelash extensions?
Eyelash extensions are sensitive to oil. Oil can cause the glue in your extensions to break down, so you should always look for oil-free makeup products.
What should you not do before eyelash extensions?
How to Prepare for Your Eyelash Extension Appointment
- If you wear waterproof mascara, discontinue use 3 days prior to your appointment. The compounds in these products will remain on the lashes, even after properly cleansing. …
- Avoid oil based products on and around the eyes. …
- Remove your contacts, if you wear them.
Can you wear makeup the same day you get eyelash extensions?
It is best to rest your eye area from any products and you’re definitely not supposed to get them wet around 24 hours after the extensions are attached. You are allowed to wear eye makeup after the 24-hour rest as long as it’s oil free.
How do you shower with eyelash extensions?
After the 48 hour period, you’re safe to shower again. It’s a myth that you should never get your eyelash extensions wet once having a new set, in-fact quite the opposite! Top tip: When showering, don’t position your head in the full strength of water flow. Let the water instead run down your face.
Can you sleep while getting eyelash extensions?
–Absolutely! Some lash artists prefer when their clients fall asleep. Don’t worry about falling asleep, your lash artist wants you to be as comfortable as possible during your appointment!
What to know before getting lash extensions?
11 Facts To Know Before Getting Eyelash Extensions
- They’re Like Falsies Without the Hassle. …
- They Might Change Your Makeup Routine. …
- Your Results Depend On What You’re Working With. …
- They Last Around 6-to-8 Weeks. …
- They Come In Different Materials. …
- Improper Application Can Lead to Lash Loss.
Are Neutrogena makeup wipes safe for eyelash extensions?
Neutrogena Oil Free Gentle Eye Makeup Remover is eyelash extension-safe and erases even the heaviest eye makeup and waterproof mascara in an instant.
How do you wash your face with eyelash extensions?
Do not rub or pull on your eyelash extensions. Keep your Eyelash Extensions dry for 4-6 hours after your appointment. You may wash your face in the sink using a washcloth, avoiding the eye area. Keep all oil based products away from the eyes and remember that everything on your face will travel to the eye area.