Keep your Eyelash Extensions dry for 4-6 hours after your appointment. You may wash your face in the sink using a washcloth, avoiding the eye area. Keep all oil based products away from the eyes and remember that everything on your face will travel to the eye area. … Do not use Eyelash Curlers.
Can I shower with eyelash extensions?
Avoid getting your lash extensions wet
You should try to avoid getting your new lashes wet within the first 48 hours. The water will react with the eyelash extension glue and cause a flash cure. … Basically, water will cause the lash bond to become brittle and break. After the 48 hour period, you’re safe to shower again.
What can you not do after eyelash extensions?
What does eyelash extension aftercare involve?
- Don’t get them wet for 48 hours after application. For the first 48 hours after application, avoid taking a shower, washing your eyes, or getting your eyelash extensions wet. …
- After that, wash them regularly. …
- Brush them, too. …
- Use caution with products. …
- Be careful with makeup.
What happens if you cry with eyelash extensions?
Lash extensions are water-resistant. It is very important to not cry during the process as crying can spread the glue/vapors causing irritation. Crying during the process will also make it very difficult for the glue to dry and bond the extension to your lashes.
Why are my lashes short after extensions?
Your false lashes will start to fall off, which creates opportunities to pick them off. … If you’ve ever had your eyelash extensions grow out naturally, you might notice that your lashes look extra stubby and short – this is most likely because your lashes broke when the lash extension came off!
How do you wash your face after eyelash extensions?
After Care for Eyelash Extensions
- Be gentle. …
- Keep your Eyelash Extensions dry for 4-6 hours after your appointment.
- You may wash your face in the sink using a washcloth, avoiding the eye area.
- Keep all oil based products away from the eyes and remember that everything on your face will travel to the eye area.
What happens if I get my lashes wet before 24 hours?
If you accidentally exposed the lashes to water before you were supposed to – the glue is overloaded with moisture and dries immediately. This means that the lash extension hasn’t properly formed a bond with your natural lash and causes it to fall off.