The oil on your scalp blocks dead skin cells from shedding as they normally would, and in turn these dead cells become more apparent—hence the flakes that pop up along your hairline.
How do I get rid of flaky hairline?
6 Tips to Fight Flakes
- Wash your hair often. …
- If lots of washes with a regular shampoo aren’t working, try dandruff shampoo. …
- When using dandruff shampoo, lather twice and let the lather sit for 5 minutes. …
- Use a conditioner after a dandruff shampoo. …
- Try not to scratch if flakes itch.
Which dandruff shampoo is best?
5 recommended dandruff shampoos
- Neutrogena T/Gel. Use for: This medicated shampoo from Neutrogena contains 0.5 percent coal tar. …
- Nizoral A-D. …
- Jason Dandruff Relief. …
- Head & Shoulders, clinical strength. …
- L’Oreal Paris EverFresh, sulfate-free.
How do you hydrate your scalp?
Here are some common ways to treat a dry scalp:
- Moisturising shampoo.
- Exfoliating scalp masks.
- Post-shower hair tonic.
- Coconut oil.
- Essential oils like tea tree and jojoba.
- Aloe vera gel or aloe vera-based products.
- Home remedies such as witch hazel or apple cider vinegar.
Why do I have so much dead skin on my head?
If you’re finding dead-skin flakes in your hair or on your shoulders, you might think you have dandruff, a condition also known as seborrheic dermatitis. It’s a common condition that can cause the skin on your scalp to flake.
How do you remove dead skin from your scalp?
Take a teasing brush and lightly (this is key as too much pressure can cause more issues than it solves) buff away at the scalp. This helps to loosen any dead skin cells and prepare for the actual scrub. After cleansing your hair of any product, gently massage the scrub into your scalp and let it sit for 5-10 minutes.