What does damaged hair look like curly?
Stringy, straight ends and looser curl patterns. These sorts of noticeable changes in texture can be a red flag. Excessive heat is usually the culprit, but bleach/color damage, dryness or over-manipulation can be contributing factors as well.
How can I fix my chemically damaged hair at home?
Put the life back into your limp or damaged hair with this terrific home remedy: combine 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar with 2 tablespoons olive oil and 3 egg whites, then rub the mix into your hair. Keep your hair covered for about a half hour using plastic wrap or a shower cap, then shampoo and rinse.
How do you know if your hair is damaged beyond repair?
Let’s break this down. If your hair is damaged:
- You have had some chemical processing done – blonding, perming, or chemical straightening. …
- You have used a lot of hot tools. …
- The hair will not be straight, but more wiry looking.
- If you straighten or use hot tools, the hair may smoke.
- You will clearly see split ends.