How can I straighten my African hair without chemicals?
Try a castor oil leave in treatment.
It’s also a simple way to relax curls. Castor oil seeps into hair follicles and naturally reduces kinks and curls, leaving hair sleeker and straighter. Apply castor oil to damp or dry hair, and wrap hair in a towel. Use pins or clips to hold the towel in place.
How can I straighten my natural hair without heat or chemicals?
3 Ways to Straighten Natural Hair Without Heat
- Start With a Smoothing Wash Day Routine.
- Try a Hooded Dryer and a Roller Set.
- Try the Low Ponytail Method.
- Try a Braid-Out or Twist-Out.
What is the best product to straighten African American hair?
10 Best Products For Straightening Natural African American Hair
|MIZANI Thermasmooth Smooth Guard Smoothing Serum||See Price|
|BRAZILIAN BLOWOUT Thermal Straightening Balm||See Price|
|Make It Straight by Developlus||See Price|
|John Frieda Frizz Ease Straight Fixation Styling Cream||See Price|
How can I straighten my black hair without a relaxer?
Saturate your hair with a liquid-setting lotion. Avoid cream setting lotions because they make your hair heavy and clumpy, not straight and smooth. Use a fine-toothed comb and comb solution from the root to the edges of your hair.
What can I use to straighten my afro hair?
Two Basic Ways of Straightening African-American Hair
Heat is the simplest, quickest and most temporary way of straightening hair. Using a pressing comb, a blow dryer and a comb or a flat iron hair can be straightened at home in just a matter of minutes.
How do I prepare my 4c hair for straightening?
- Cleanse with a clarifying shampoo or use an apple cider vinegar rinse to guarantee the removal of build-up, prior to flat ironing.
- Deep condition your hair once a week for two to three weeks prior to straightening. …
- Consider a protein treatment within a week prior to and straightening to help strengthen the hair.
How long does it take to grow an afro?
With afro hair, the length of hair grows each month is shorter because afro hair is weak and extremely vulnerable. And there are countless external factors that affect hair growth. So, on average, one person will take three months to grow wavy afro hair from the scratch.
How can I make my afro hair long?
How to Make Your Hair Into an Afro
- Wash your hair using your regular shampoo. …
- Curl your hair with a ½-inch barrel curling iron if your hair is straight. …
- Comb out your curls using a pick comb. …
- Run a fine-toothed comb through your hair once you have done so with the wide-toothed comb.