Does that mean that salon-colored hair always last longer? Not necessarily. Whether you use box color or go see a colorist, it still depends on the factors we have previously discussed. However, professional colorists can assess your hair condition as well as its type and color it in a way that’s best for you.
What dyes do salons use?
14 best at-home hair dyes of 2021 for salon results
- Garnier Olia Permanent Hair Color.
- L’Oréal Paris Excellence Creme Hair Color.
- Clairol Natural Instincts Semi-Permanent Hair Color.
- Wella Colorcharm Liquid Hair Color.
- Clairol Nice ‘n Easy Root Touch-Up.
- dpHue Color Boosting Gloss + Deep Conditioning Treatment.
Is Sally hair color better than box dye?
Sally’s is higher quality than box dye, for sure. I’ve used Ion and Arctic Fox and they were both vibrant and far less corrosive than box dye.
What should you use instead of box dye?
Try the following natural hair dyes if you’re looking for alternative ways to color your hair.
- Carrot juice. Try carrot juice if you want to give your hair a reddish-orange tint. …
- Beet juice. …
- Henna. …
- Lemon juice. …
- Coffee. …
- Sage. …
- Chamomile tea.
Can you leave hair color on too long?
Leaving the dye longer can cause irreversible damage to your hair—dry, brittle strands and hair fall. For permanent dyes that involve chemical process, 30 minutes is enough for the chemicals to develop and fully permeate the hair. Leaving it for too long can make your hair too dry and weak, and eventually breaks off.