It’s best to make an appointment to see a dermatologist. Dermatologists are the experts in diagnosing and treating hair loss. A dermatologist can tell you whether it’s FPHR or something else that is causing your hair loss. Other causes of hair loss can look like FPHL, so it’s important to rule out these causes.
How does a dermatologist check for hair loss?
A dermatologist uses a card test to examine the health of hair shafts and to evaluate the number of new hair strands that are growing. The procedure is simple: The dermatologist creates a part in the hair and holds a small rectangular card covered in felt against a section of the scalp.
Which department is for hair loss?
Dermatologists can diagnose hair loss by asking questions about medical history, family history. A dermatologist may also carefully look at the scalp to know the condition of scalp. Treatment of hair loss depends upon the cause of disease.
What is the best vitamin for hair loss?
The 5 Best Vitamins for Hair Loss Prevention, Based on Research
- Biotin. Biotin (vitamin B7) is important for cells inside your body. …
- Iron. Red blood cells need iron to carry oxygen. …
- Vitamin C. Vitamin C is essential for your gut to absorb iron. …
- Vitamin D. You might already know that vitamin D is important for bones. …
What is the best shampoo for hair loss?
These are the 9 best shampoos for thinning hair in 2021, according to experts:
- Best Overall: Nizoral Anti-Dandruff Shampoo.
- Most Nourishing: Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Clinical Densifying Shampoo.
- Best Budget Option: Viviscal Gorgeous Growth Densifying Shampoo.
- Best Clarifying: Ouai Detox Shampoo.