The only two drugs approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to treat hair loss are minoxidil (Rogaine) and finasteride (Propecia).
Is there any proven way to regrow hair?
A 120-week, placebo-controlled trial of minoxidil solution, published by the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, found a statistically significant increase in hair count and improved hair loss condition in the minoxidil group. Short story: Minoxidil is clinically proven to help regrow hair by up to 35%.
Will baldness be cured by 2020?
Currently, there’s no cure for male pattern baldness. However, medications like finasteride and minoxidil can help you keep the hair you have and, in some cases, potentially regrow some of the hair you’ve lost due to male pattern baldness.
How can I stop my hair loss?
You can follow a few hair hygiene tips to make your hair less likely to fall out.
- Avoid hairstyles that pull on the hair.
- Avoid high-heat hair styling tools.
- Don’t chemically treat or bleach your hair.
- Use a shampoo that’s mild and suited for your hair.
- Use a soft brush made from natural fibers. …
- Try low-level light therapy.