Vitamin B12 is essential in making red blood cells that carry oxygen to the hair follicles. When vitamin B12 levels are low, your hair follicles may not be able to grow new hair as efficiently, resulting in hair loss.
What is the best vitamin for hair loss?
The 5 Best Vitamins for Hair Loss Prevention, Based on Research
- Biotin. Biotin (vitamin B7) is important for cells inside your body. …
- Iron. Red blood cells need iron to carry oxygen. …
- Vitamin C. Vitamin C is essential for your gut to absorb iron. …
- Vitamin D. You might already know that vitamin D is important for bones. …
What happens if your B12 is too high?
However, supplementing with excessively high levels of B12 has been linked to some negative side effects. Several studies have shown that megadoses of the vitamin can lead to outbreaks of acne and rosacea, a skin condition that causes redness and pus-filled bumps on the face.
What kind of deficiency causes hair loss?
Iron deficiency (ID) is the world’s most common nutritional deficiency and is a well-known cause of hair loss.
How can I stop my hair loss?
You can follow a few hair hygiene tips to make your hair less likely to fall out.
- Avoid hairstyles that pull on the hair.
- Avoid high-heat hair styling tools.
- Don’t chemically treat or bleach your hair.
- Use a shampoo that’s mild and suited for your hair.
- Use a soft brush made from natural fibers. …
- Try low-level light therapy.